Date Posted on: August 4, 2021
Rolman World is looking for a General Accountant to work within our Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail orientated professional with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in either a Trading company or a Free Zone environment, to get involved in a fast dynamic environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular follow up with customers for payment and details. Communicating with customers with regards to the account information such as credit limit, net outstanding, payment terms, etc.
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and payment requests.
- Processing transactions for petty cash access and ensuring balance sheet reconciliations are carried out every week.
- Readying cheques for payment and ensuring all Accounting letters are posted daily.
- Verifying financial calculations and accurately inputting them into the accounting system.
- Filing functions – ensuring all relevant documentation is stored in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring the Company adheres to standard practices within a given industry and all financial activities are conducted within the parameters of any local tax laws.
- Daily Bank Reconciliation.
- Compliance – Ensure all bank transactions comply with international regulations and sanctions programs to maintain a healthy banking relationship.
- VAT Submission Every Month.
- Following up with Branches.
- Management Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience preferably with trading company.
- Excellent knowledge of MS- office Excel and should also be familiar with Accounting Software, Oracle or similar.
- Excellent English communication is a MUST. Any additional languages will be a plus.
- Organized and systematic.
- Excellent logic and strong analytical skills.
- Ease in dealing with multiple departments/companies on a daily basis.
- Fast learner, independent thinker, desire to grow within a big company.
- Must be able to work unsupervised at times.
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communications.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.